Are you a student interested in volunteering this summer but need to secure a paid opportunity? Thanks to a generous grant from the State Employees Credit Union Foundation, the Career Development Center can help make your summer volunteer opportunity paid. Have an organization that you’re passionate about? Reach out to your dream organization, create an internship description that fits your career goals and apply to have it become a paid summer internship.
The SECU Public Fellows Internship Program connects undergraduate students to meaningful summer internships. This internship program has been designed to help connect non-profit and government agencies with talented NC State students. Students who are interested in becoming SECU Public Fellows interns should submit their proposed summer opportunity to this google form. SECU Public Fellows Internships will be 30 hours a week for 10 weeks and pay $15 per hour. Students can earn up to $5,000 during the summer through this program.
Summer 2023 Applications are Open! See Link Above
If you would like to know more about the SECU Public Fellows program, please email Sam Sanger at email@example.com
The SECU Public Fellows Internship Program will be open to students from all majors.
Students MUST meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be an undergraduate student. Be enrolled as a full-time student. Be returning to campus in fall 2022.
- Be a North Carolina resident.
- Have not previously participated in NC State’s SECU Public Fellows Internship Program.
- Must not be a director, employee, or family member of a director or employee of SECU or SECU Foundation.
- Agency must be located in North Carolina and serve North Carolina communities.
- Priority will be given to students from rural counties or pursuing opportunities in rural counties.
Students must agree to the following requirements:
- Attend the orientation session in April 2023.
- Complete a post-internship survey.
- Create a video presentation summarizing their internship experience.
- Attend virtual monthly professional development sessions hosted by the Career Development Center.
- Sign an internship participation agreement.
Students must secure their own housing arrangements.
Organizations that agree to host a student for the summer must agree to the following criteria:
- Sign an employer agreement form committing your participation in the SECU Public Fellows Program for the duration of the internship.
- Be available via email or phone call with the Employer Relations Coordinator throughout the summer to check-in and provide updates.
- Promote the mission of this program by providing a nurturing and supportive environment for the student participant to grow professionally.
- Fill out a feedback form at the end of the summer for the Career Development Center’s records and improvement purposes.
*Some organizations may already have internship programs that will qualify for the SECU grant
- Legal Aid NC
- Green Chair Project
- Designed for Joy
- NC Justice Center (This organization has two internships already posted you could apply to! https://www.ncjustice.org/about/careers/)
- NC Partnership for Child Nutrition
Visit this website to search for non-profits in North Carolina:
Example Intern Projects
- Community Outreach
- Public Policy
- Communications/Social Media
- Direct Client Services (ex: tutoring and mentoring)
Virtual Information Session
Students are required to watch this virtual information session to learn more before submitting their application below.