Students that participate in Rural Works! will be able to:
- Describe NC State’s land grant mission.
- Provide examples of how they applied their strengths during their internship.
- Describe the unique characteristics of work and life in a rural community.
- Develop professional competencies.
- Undergraduate and graduate students from all majors and academic colleges
- Full-time enrollment with plans to return to campus in fall 2021
- A minimum 2.5-grade point average
- Students should be clear of suspension/expulsions and current disciplinary sanctions. Disciplinary history does not necessarily prevent students from participating in Rural Works! A student conduct check will be conducted on all selected participants.
- Attend the orientation session in April 2021
- Complete eight hours of community service during the internship. Be sure to submit your community service reflection form after you volunteer.
- Complete a post-assessment survey
- Participants are responsible for securing their own housing arrangements
- Sign a participation agreement upon accepting a Rural Works! internship offer
Students are encouraged to attend one of the following information sessions:
- Tuesday, November 3rd at 4:00 pm- https://ncsu.zoom.us/j/95567716715
- Monday, November 9th at 1:00 pm- https://ncsu.zoom.us/j/95929468442
- October 2020: Summer 2021 internships will begin to be posted to ePack
- November 2020: Rural Works! information sessions 11/3 at 4 pm and 11/9 at 1 pm
- February 26, 2021: Deadline to submit internship application through ePack
- March 26, 2021: Internship hiring deadline
- April 2021: Rural Works! student orientation
How Students Apply
- Log into your ePack account
- Search “Rural Works!” in keywords
- Submit your resume to the job post
- Check ePack regularly starting in October 2020 for new internship opportunities.
- Apply early! Employers may review applications and hire on a rolling basis.