Students that participate in Rural Works! will be able to:
- Describe NC State’s land grant mission.
- Provide examples of how they applied their strengths during their internship.
- Describe the unique characteristics of work and life in a rural community.
- Develop professional competencies.
- Undergraduate and graduate students from all majors and academic colleges
- Full-time enrollment with plans to return to campus in fall 2022
- Must not be enrolled in summer school courses or hold other internships/jobs during summer 2022
- Attend an orientation session on Sunday, April 24 2022
- Complete eight hours of community service during the internship. Be sure to submit your community service reflection form after you volunteer.
- Complete a post-assessment survey
- Participants are responsible for securing their own housing arrangements
- Sign a participation agreement upon accepting a Rural Works! internship offer
- Once you accept a Rural Works! positions (verbally or in writing) you must withdraw from the interview process of other internship opportunities
Students are encouraged to attend one of the following information sessions:
- November 2021: Date and time TBD
- November 2021: Rural Works! information sessions
- March 25, 2022: Deadline to submit internship application through ePACK
- May 16*, 2022: * New internship hiring deadline
- April 24, 2022: Rural Works! student orientation
How Students Apply
- Log into your ePACK account
- Search “Rural Works!” in keywords
- Submit your resume to the job post
- Check ePACK regularly starting in December 2021 for new internship opportunities.
- Apply early! Employers may review applications and hire on a rolling basis.