NACE and DOL Policies Statement
The Career Development Center operates under the practices set forth by the National Association of Colleges & Employers, Principles for Ethical Professional Practice. http://www.naceweb.org/principles/Job Posting Policies
Additionally, it is recommended that employers provide candidates a minimum of two weeks from the date of offer to evaluate the opportunity for both internships and full-time positions. For Co-op positions, a window of at least five-business days is preferred. We also encourage employers to consider requests for additional time on an individual basis. Offers made to students for positions should be made in writing. Verbal offers should be followed with written offers via email or post.
Does your job qualify for ePACK?
- The position requires a degree that is currently offered at NC State.
- The position is an actual job – not a petition for training and possible placement or a competition.
- The position pays a base salary and is not 100% commission/pay-per-piece based.
- Internships require a wage/salary unless the organization is a registered non-profit
- A major and degree aren’t required, or the job is not related to a degree offered at NC State.
- The position is open to all majors, or lacking a clear description.
- Referrals to job boards and job placement services.
- Does not adhere to NACE Principles for Ethical of Professional Practice.
- The position is fee-based (any fee or expense that must be incurred by the candidate).
- Your posting is a duplicate of a previous active posting.
Employers are expected to follow the guidelines established by NACE in this area. https://www.naceweb. org/principles/reasonable_offer.htm
Right of Refusal Statement
NC State’s ePACK database is intended to serve the NC State student population by providing full-time, co-op, internship, and part-time positions related to a student’s course of study at NC State. Our primary focus is full time salaried and paid internship/co-op opportunities. Please note that NC State Career Development Center reserves the right to decline or remove any job posting that they feel is not in the best interest of our students.
- NC State University reserves the right to determine if a posting is in violation of the guidelines. Postings that are in violation of our guidelines are subject to being removed immediately and without notice.
- By posting your job or internship, you agree that it is in compliance with our guidelines. In order to prevent abuse and to keep this system appropriate for our students who are people of all ages, ethnicities, religions, and nationalities, we reserve the right to remove any listings that are in violation of the guidelines.