NACE and DOL Policies Statement
The Career Development Center operates under the practices set forth by the National Association of Colleges & Employers, Principles for Ethical Professional Practice. Visit NACE‘s website for more information.
Job Posting Policies
The Optimal Job Posting
Your Position Should have:
- Clearly Defined Major(s) Selected.
- If All Majors is selected, you will be asked to identify specific majors.
- Relation to a Degree/Major Offered at NC State.
- A Detailed Description
- It is important to have a detailed description for students to recognize your position’s attributes.
- A Salary or Wage
- Internships require a salary unless your organization is a registered non-profit.
- Positions cannot be 100% commission or pay-per-piece based.
- Valid Contact Information
- Postings with residential addresses are not permitted.
- Postings with non-dedicated email addresses are not permitted (e.g. @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc.).
- Adherence to NACE Principles for Ethical Professional Practice
- See NACE’s website to learn more.
OPTIONAL BUT USEFUL FOR POSTINGS:
- Use Automatic Application Packet Generation (AAPG)
- This allows all of your requested documents to be combined into one readable PDF file.
- Request for Resume and Additional Documents
- These will be included in the AAPG PDF per student.
- Display Contact Information to Students
- This ensures that students are able to get in contact with you if desired.
- Restrict Your Application
- Through ePACK, you can restrict your options to students that meet certain criteria including skills, majors, and graduation dates.
- Try to limit the amount of restrictions on your posting to maximize applicants.
Additionally, it is recommended that employers provide candidates a minimum of two weeks from the date of offer to evaluate the opportunity for both internships and full-time positions. For Co-op positions, a window of at least five-business days is preferred. We also encourage employers to consider requests for additional time on an individual basis. Offers made to students for positions should be made in writing. Verbal offers should be followed with written offers via email or post.
Employers are expected to follow the guidelines established by NACE in this area. Click Here to learn more.
Right of Refusal Statement
NC State’s ePACK database is intended to serve the NC State student population by providing full-time, co-op, internship, and part-time positions related to a student’s course of study at NC State. Our primary focus is full time salaried and paid internship/co-op opportunities. Please note that NC State Career Development Center reserves the right to decline or remove any job posting that they feel is not in the best interest of our students.
- NC State University reserves the right to determine if a posting is in violation of the guidelines. Postings that are in violation of our guidelines are subject to being removed immediately and without notice.
- By posting your job or internship, you agree that it is in compliance with our guidelines. In order to prevent abuse and to keep this system appropriate for our students who are people of all ages, ethnicities, religions, and nationalities, we reserve the right to remove any listings that are in violation of the guidelines.