Employers can post opportunities for NC State students and alumni via ePACK . Organizations may request an account & post a job in a single step, and approval typically takes between 48-72 hours. Note: Employer account approvals may take up to 10 business days. ePACK is intended as a resource for NC State students seeking high-impact, career-related opportunities that can be connected to degree programs offered at NC State.
Types of positions that can be posted in ePACK
- Full-time entry level (0-3 years): these are jobs that a student would seek after completing their degree at NC State. Jobs should require a student to use the skills and experiences gained while in college, and relate to majors and degrees provided by NC State.
- Full time experienced (3+ years): these are jobs that an alumnus of NC State would seek. Jobs should require a student to use the skills and experiences learned while in college, relate to majors and degrees provided by NC State, and require the student to have some level of work experience.
- Internship: Internships are typically full-time, summer opportunities, but may also include part-time positions during the school year or full-time one semester during spring or fall. Internships posted in ePACK must be paid unless they are for a non-profit agency or otherwise clearly meet the criteria under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Co-op positions: please review our co-op program and contact an employer relations team member for more information. You must have a signed co-op agreement on file with NC State to post co-op positions.
- Part time: these are jobs that a student would seek while completing their degree at NC State. Jobs should require a student to use the skills and experiences learned while in college, and relate to majors and degrees provided by NC State.
- Temporary: Full-time entry level/experienced and part-time positions can be marked as temporary if they are time limited.
Does your job qualify for ePACK?
- The position requires a degree that is currently offered at NC State.
- The position is an actual job – not a petition for training and possible placement or a competition.
- The position pays a base salary and is not 100% commission/pay-per-piece based.
- A major and degree aren’t required, or the job is not related to a degree offered at NC State.
- The position is open to all majors, or lacking a clear description.
- Referrals to job boards and job placement services.
- Does not adhere to NACE Principles for Ethical of Professional Practice.
- The position is fee-based (any fee or expense that must be incurred by the candidate).
You Qualify for ePACK
If your position meets all of these requirements, you can begin posting.
You Don’t Qualify for ePACK
The Optimal Job Posting
Your Position Should have:
- Clearly Defined Major(s) Selected.
- If All Majors is selected, you will be asked to identify specific majors.
- Relation to a Degree/Major Offered at NC State.
- A Detailed Description
- It is important to have a detailed description for students to recognize your position’s attributes.
- A Salary or Wage
- Internships require a salary unless your organization is a registered non-profit.
- Positions cannot be 100% commission or pay-per-piece based.
- Valid Contact Information
- Postings with residential addresses are not permitted.
- Postings with non-dedicated email addresses are not permitted (e.g. @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc.).
- Adherence to NACE Principles for Ethical Professional Practice
- See NACE’s website to learn more.
OPTIONAL BUT USEFUL FOR POSTINGS:
- Use Automatic Application Packet Generation (AAPG)
- This allows all of your requested documents to be combined into one readable PDF file.
- Request for Resume and Additional Documents
- These will be included in the AAPG PDF per student.
- Display Contact Information to Students
- This ensures that students are able to get in contact with you if desired.
- Restrict Your Application
- Through ePACK, you can restrict your options to students that meet certain criteria including skills, majors, and graduation dates.
- Try to limit the amount of restrictions on your posting to maximize applicants.
Questions about ePACK?
Email email@example.com or call 919.515.8847