Job Posting Policies
Employers can post opportunities for NC State students and alumni via ePACK . Organizations may request an account & post a job in a single step. Note: Employer account approvals may take up to 10 business days, while job posting reviews may take 7-10 days. ePACK is intended as a resource for NC State students seeking high-impact, major-related opportunities that can be connected to degree programs offered at NC State.
- Full-time entry level (0-3 years): these are jobs that a student would seek after completing their degree at NC State. Jobs should require a student to use the skills and experiences gained while in college, and relate to majors and degrees provided by NC State.
- Full time experienced (3+ years): these are jobs that an alumnus of NC State would seek. Jobs should require a student to use the skills and experiences learned while in college, relate to majors and degrees provided by NC State, and require the student to have some level of work experience.
- Internship: Internships are typically full-time, summer opportunities, but may also include part-time positions during the school year or full-time one semester during spring or fall. Internships posted in ePACK must be paid unless they are for a non-profit agency or otherwise clearly meet the criteria under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Co-op positions: please review our co-op program and contact an employer relations team member for more information. You must have a signed co-op agreement on file with NC State to post co-op positions.
- Part time: these are jobs that a student would seek while completing their degree at NC State. Jobs should require a student to use the skills and experiences learned while in college, and relate to majors and degrees provided by NC State.
- Temporary: Full-time entry level/experienced and part-time positions can be marked as temporary if they are time limited.
- The position requires a degree that is currently offered at NC State.
- The position is an actual job – not a petition for training and possible placement or a competition.
- The position pays a base salary and is not 100% commission/pay-per-piece based.
- A major and degree aren’t required, or the job is not related to a degree offered at NC State.
- The position is open to all majors, or lacking a clear description.
- Referrals to job boards and job placement services.
- The position does not adhere to NACE Principles for Ethical of Professional Practice.
- The position violates the FLSA, especially as it relates to internships.
- The position is fee-based (any fee or expense that must be incurred by the candidate).
Positions not meeting the criteria for posting in ePACK may consider being posted in the student newspaper, the Technician.
Your job posting should include the following:
- Clearly Defined Major(s) Selected.
- If All Majors is selected, you will be asked to identify specific majors.
- Relation to a Degree/Major Offered at NC State.
- If your position does not relate to a degree/major offered at NC State, we recommend using ULoop or through our newspaper, the Technician
- Positions cannot be petitions for training and possible placement or a competition.
- A Detailed Description
- It is important to have a detailed description for students to recognize your position’s attributes.
- A Salary or Wage
- Internships must be paid unless your organization is a registered non-profit or government entity (See FLSA).
- Positions cannot be 100% commission or pay-per-piece based.
- Valid Contact Information
- Postings with residential addresses are not permitted.
- Postings with non-dedicated email addresses are not permitted (e.g. @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc.).
- Adherence to NACE Principles for Ethical Professional Practice
- See NACE’s website to learn more.
- Adherence to the Fair Labor Standards Act
- See the FLSA website to learn more.
OPTIONAL BUT USEFUL FOR POSTINGS:
- Use Automatic Application Packet Generation (AAPG)
- This allows all of your requested documents to be combined into one readable PDF file.
- Request for Resume and Additional Documents
- These will be included in the AAPG PDF per student.
- Display Contact Information to Students
- This ensures that students are able to get in contact with you if desired.
- Restrict Your Application
- Through ePACK, you can restrict your options to students that meet certain criteria including skills, majors, and graduation dates.
- Try to limit the amount of restrictions on your posting to maximize applicants.
email@example.com or call 919.515.2396