Job Posting Policies
Employers can easily post opportunities for NC State students and alumni via our ePACK database. Organizations may request an account & post a job in a single step, and approval typically takes between 48-72 hours. The ePACK database is intended as a resource for NC State students seeking high-impact, career-related opportunities that can be connected to degree programs offered at our institution.
Types of positions that can be posted in ePACKFull list of job posting policies available here
- Full-time entry level (0-3 years): these are jobs that a student would seek after completing their degree at NC State. Jobs should require a student to use the skills and experiences gained while in college, and relate to majors and degrees provided by NC State.
- Full time experienced (3+ years): these are jobs that an alumnus of NC State would seek. Jobs should require a student to use the skills and experiences learned while in college, relate to majors and degrees provided by NC State, and require the student to have some level of work experience.
- Internship: Internships are typically full-time, summer opportunities, but may also include part-time positions during the school year. Internships posted in ePACK must be paid unless they are for a non-profit agency or otherwise clearly meet the criteria under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Co-op positions: please review our co-op program and contact an employer relations team member for more information. You must have a signed co-op agreement on file with NC State to post co-op positions.
- Part time: these are jobs that a student would seek while completing their degree at NC State. Jobs should require a student to use the skills and experiences learned while in college, and relate to majors and degrees provided by NC State.
- Temporary: Full-time entry level/experienced and part-time positions can be marked as temporary if they are time limited.
Does your job qualify for ePACK?
- The position requires a degree that is currently offered at NC State.
- The position is an actual job – not a petition for training and possible placement or a competition.
- The position pays a base salary and is not 100% commission/pay-per-piece based.
- A major and degree aren’t required, or the job is not related to a degree offered at NC State.
- The position is open to all majors, or lacking a clear description.
- Referrals to job boards and job placement services.
- Does not adhere to NACE Principles for Ethical of Professional Practice.
- The position is fee-based (any fee or expense that must be incurred by the candidate).
Tips for Posting in ePACK
Please provide as many details as possible when registering for an account, and remember it takes 48-72 hours for your account to be approved, as we do review each request individually and research your organization.
Third party recruiters and staffing agencies are welcome to create accounts listing their employer as the organization, then post on behalf of the companies they may be working with. Please do not register as if you work for the company you are recruiting for.
Your job posting is often the first impression a student has of your organization. To attract a strong pool of candidates, we suggest a well-written job description—and special attention to these fields.
- Job function
Since many students search by job function, choose carefully. You may select multiple categories if appropriate, however choosing “all” is not recommended.
Please select majors! Choose liberally to include talent from many. NC State has unique majors found within every college. Selecting “all” majors is not appropriate for attracting the student pool you wish to reach.
Keep open if possible. Wolfpack talent exists at all levels. Do not post a GPA for alumni specific jobs.
- Resume receipt
We recommend choosing “email” and “accumulate online”. This allows students the most convenient option of applying directly through ePACK. You’ll receive an email with their resume when they apply so you can contact the right away.
Questions about job postings?
Email email@example.com or call 919.513.9943.
Consult with our Employer Relations team for advice regarding your campus recruiting strategy.