NC State is using Career Fair Plus as our technology partner for our virtual career fairs. Career Fair Plus will help us to create an intuitive, user-friendly experience for students and employers.
Prior to the Virtual Fair
- Watch this How To Video
- Visit https://cfplus.page.link/C3ne to find the NC State fair you would like to attend
- If you prefer, you can also download the Career Fair Plus app to your phone. Click here to download to iOS, or click here to download for Android
Create an Account
- You can start looking through the employers that will be attending your virtual fair without needing to create an account.
- When you’re ready to start scheduling appointments, you will need to create an account and build your profile.
- Make sure you build a complete profile that includes your resume as well as other relevant information. This is the profile employers will see when you make appointments to meet them, so you want to make a good impression!
As you browse the employers who will be at the virtual fair, you can schedule meetings to meet with them virtually.
- Tap on the employer you are would like to meet with and then tap ‘Meetings’ to see the schedules they have available
- Select the schedule that you’re interested in; employers may have multiple schedules
- Select a time that works for you, and hit ‘YES’ to book the meeting time
If you are not signed in, you will be prompted to sign in. If you have not yet created an account, you must do so at this stage in order to biik appointments.
The system will not allow you to double-book yourself, nor to book back-to-back meetings. This is so that you have a buffer window in case one of your meetings overruns.
Don’t forget, meetings are first-come, first-serve, so if there is an employer you want to meet with, don’t wait to schedule an meeting with them!
- Log into your account via the app or the web portal
- Make sure you can access your virtual meeting schedule
- Check the interaction type listed under the schedule for each of your meetings. You can view this by clicking through to the schedule, and checking under the employer name, as below:
For Schedules using Career Fair Plus’s in-built Video Meeting Rooms
IMPORTANT: If the interaction type says CF Plus Video Room, the meeting will take place on our integrated video meeting platform. In this case, please click Join Meeting from one of your scheduled meetings and test that your video and microphone are working. You may need to grant/request permissions if it is the first time you are using the platform.
If you have issues, please contact email@example.com
For Schedules without Career Fair Plus’s in-built Video Meeting Rooms
Make sure you check the interaction type, so you know what to expect on the day of the fair, whether it’s a phone call, or an external link (Zoom, Skype, etc). If there are additional instructions provided on the schedule for candidates, these might give further details about how you can expect the recruiter to contact you.
You’re all set to go! On the day of the fair, follow these three simple steps:
- Sign in to your account via the app or the web portal
- Access your virtual meeting schedule and meet with employers
- If you wish to, you may use the app to help you track your meetings and make notes
- What is Career Fair Plus? Watch this video to see how the virtual career fair works.
- About a month before the fair date, employers will receive an email invitation to create their profile on the Career Fair Plus platform. Employers will be able to add recruiters/representatives and customize their schedules.
- Career Fair Plus runs best on Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. It is NOT supported by Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
- It is important to test the platform BEFORE the day of the fair so any technical issues can be addressed.
- How to create my schedule (video)
- How to create a schedule for a teammate (video)
- How to change my schedule’s timings (video)
- How to block off my times slots (video)
- How to download my schedule (video)
- How to join meetings/see reservations (video)
- How to share schedules (link)
Issues – what to do when your network is blocking access (link)
If you have any additional questions about our virtual career fairs at NC State, please contact Kelly Laraway, Director of Employer Relations, Career Development Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-513-1370.