In response to the coronavirus outbreak, NC State has decided to go virtual for all of our career fairs for the fall 2020 semester.
NC State will use Career Fair Plus as our technology partner for our virtual career fairs. Career Fair Plus will help us to create an intuitive, user-friendly experience for students and employers.
Prior to the Virtual Fair
- Watch this How To Video
- Download the Career Fair Plus app to your phone. Click here to download to iOS, or click here to download for Android
- Open the app, and navigate to the organization/school and the fair you are attending
Create an Account
- You can start looking through the employers that will be attending your virtual fair without needing to create an account.
- When you’re ready to start scheduling appointments, you will need to create an account and build your profile.
- Make sure you build a complete profile that includes your resume as well as other relevant information. This is the profile employers will see when you make appointments to meet them, so you want to make a good impression!
As you browse the employers who will be at the virtual fair, you can schedule appointments to meet with them virtually.
- Tap on the employer you are would like to meet with and then tap ‘Virtual Appointments’ to see the schedules they have available
- Select the schedule that you’re interested in; employers may have multiple schedules
- Select a time that works for you, and hit ‘YES’ to book the appointment slot
If you are not signed in, you will be prompted to sign in. If you have not yet created an account, you must do so at this stage in order to schedule appointments.
Don’t forget, appointments are first-come, first-serve, so if there is an employer you want to meet with, don’t wait to schedule an appointment with them!
- Open the app and log into your account
- Make sure you can access your virtual appointment schedule
- Check the interaction type listed under the schedule for each of your appointments. You can view this by clicking through to the schedule, and checking under the employer name, as below:
For Schedules using Career Fair Plus’s in-built Video Meeting Rooms
IMPORTANT: If the interaction type says Video Meeting, the appointment will take place on our integrated video meeting platform. In this case, please click Join Meeting from one of your scheduled appointments and test that your video and microphone are working. You may need to grant/request permissions if it is the first time you are using the platform.
If you have issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For Schedules without Career Fair Plus’s in-built Video Meeting Rooms
Make sure you check the interaction type, so you know what to expect on the day of the fair, whether it’s a phone call, or an external link (Zoom, Skype, etc). If there are additional instructions provided on the schedule for candidates, these might give further details about how you can expect the recruiter to contact you.
You’re all set to go! On the day of the fair, follow these three simple steps:
- Log into the app and sign into your account
- Access your virtual appointment schedule and meet with employers
- Use the app to help you track your appointments and make notes
- What is Career Fair Plus? Watch this video to see how the virtual career fair works.
- About a month before the fair date, employers will receive an email invitation to create their profile on the Career Fair Plus platform. Employers will be able to add recruiters/representatives and customize their schedules.
- Career Fair Plus runs best on Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. It is NOT supported by Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
- It is important to test the platform BEFORE the day of the fair so any technical issues can be addressed.
- How to create my schedule (video)
- How to create a schedule for a teammate (video)
- How to change my schedule’s timings (video)
- How to block off my times slots (video)
- How to download my schedule (video)
- How to join meetings/see reservations (video)
- How to share schedules (link)
Issues – what to do when your network is blocking access (link)
If you have any additional questions about our virtual career fairs at NC State, please contact Kelly Laraway, Director of Employer Relations, Career Development Center at email@example.com or 919-513-1370.