Job Posting Hints
The ePACK system is a great way to find students for internships, co-ops, full-time jobs and career-related part-time jobs. This means the position requires major-related work experience or a degree. If your job does not meet these criteria, the NC State Career Development Center reserves the right to reject the posting.
- A well-designed job posting will yield more qualified applicants for the position.
- Job Function: Choose the type of work done in the posted job to maximize your hits in student searches. You may select multiple categories if appropriate, however choosing all categories is not recommended.
- Majors: It is required that you select the specific majors you are seeking for your position. Please do not select all majors.
- Restrict Applications: If you want to screen out students who do not meet the requirements you select, you must select ”Restrict Applications: yes”. Choosing this option allows the system to screen applicants for you based on the criteria you enter but may reduce the number of applicants in your pool.
- Posting date/Expiration date: Jobs may be posted for a maximum of 60 days. You will receive an automatic email before the job expires, and may easily re-post the position if you still would like to receive applications.
- Salary level: Do not leave this blank. Please indicate whether it is paid or unpaid. You can put an amount or use a recognized term like “competitive” or “based on experience”. Unpaid internships are strongly discouraged unless they clearly meet the FLSA criteria. Unpaid part-time or full-time jobs will be denied.
- Graduation Date range: Recent graduates, current students, and alumni use ePACK; choosing recent graduation dates is advisable.
- Resume Receipt: choose all of the options that you prefer
- Email – will send student resumes to you via email as students apply
- Accumulate Online- will allow students to submit their resumes via ePACK, you may log in to your account to view student applications at any time
- Other – selecting this option will generate an additional field for you to enter additional application instructions, such as applying online to your company website
- Automatic Application Packet Generation: Choose yes if you’d like student resumes to be sent to you in one packet when the job expires.