LAUNCH Professional Development Series
Sometimes the best career advice comes from another student. LAUNCH is a series of professional development and career readiness presentations in which fellow students share in-depth knowledge about career planning — from writing a remarkable resume to acing an interview.
Attend at least six LAUNCH sessions and you’ll receive a professional development certificate and a meal and t-shirt during our LAUNCH celebration.
When: Mondays and Tuesdays at 5 p.m. (lasts 50 minutes)
Where: 4280 Talley unless otherwise noted
Register: Go to the events tab (in the workshop area) in ePACK
Questions? Email Alex Ricciuti at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fashion Show – Monday, September 11:: Coastal Ballroom
- Preparing for Career Fairs – Tuesday, September 12
- Preparing Resumes – Monday, September 18 and Tuesday, September 19
- Covering Cover Letters – Monday, September 25 and Tuesday, September 26
- Learning Linkedin – Monday, October 2 and Tuesday, October 3
- Creatively Searching for jobs and Internships via ePACK – Monday, October 9 and Tuesday, October 10
- Acing Interview – Monday, October 16 and Tuesday, October 17
- Career Tips and Tricks – Monday, October 23 and Tuesday, October 24
- Going to Grad School – Monday, October 30 and Tuesday, October 31
- Career Readiness – Monday, November 6 and Tuesday, November 7
- Networking on Linkedin – Monday, November 13 and Tuesday, November 14
Why can’t I register for LAUNCH in ePack?
If your profile is not complete, ePack will not allow you to register for or view events or jobs. Once you complete and save your profile, ePack can take up to 24 hours before acknowledging the change. After 24 hours, please log out and log back in, and retry registering for LAUNCH.
Are there any other ways to register for LAUNCH?
No, the only way to register is through ePACK.
Who can attend?
LAUNCH is strongly encouraged for all undergraduate students; however, if you’re a graduate student and interested in LAUNCH, please contact our office and schedule an appointment with a career counselor.
I missed a LAUNCH presentation. Can I find it online?
Yes — you can find a listing of recorded on our Video Tutorial page.
How do I become a career ambassador?
- Attend LAUNCH sessions
- Get to know career ambassadors
- Get to know the CA coordinator
- Nominate yourself so you get emailed when then application opens up
If a LAUNCH session is canceled due to unforeseen events, will it be rescheduled?
Yes — please see the LAUNCH page link, and scroll to the bottom of the list.
The weather is terrible. Is LAUNCH still being held today?
If there’s inclement weather, LAUNCH will follow NC State University policy, i.e., if classes are canceled, so is LAUNCH.
I signed up for Monday but can’t make it. Do I still need to sign up for Tuesday?
Yes. Each LAUNCH program is its own separate event. You need to sign up for each one individually.
The event is full. What should I do?
Please sign up for the waiting list instead of just showing up. This will help us prepare extra seating if needed and possible.